Enjoy today. It won’t come back –Amish Proverb
Do you enjoy life? Really enjoy it? We often wish life was simpler, but we are the ones in control of our schedule. We are also the ones who can hold ourselves back or experience life to the fullest with joy.
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost,” said Eleanor Roosevelt, “to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
10 Ways to Enjoy Your Life
- Enjoy your meal. Take time to cook your favorite foods. Share them with friends. Slow down and enjoy it.
- Enjoy your hobby. Block out time to be creative and to energize your soul.
- Enjoy your music. Put on your favorite music when you’re cleaning house or making dinner.
- Enjoy nature. Take a walk. Pick a bouquet of wildflowers. Pause and stare up into the clouds. Listen to a bird sing.
- Enjoy a book. Pick up your favorite book to read it again, or try a new author you’ve been wanting to try!
- Enjoy your friends. Write a letter. Pick up the phone. Send an email. Set a lunch date. Plan a weekend away.
- Enjoy your home. Paint the wall. Clean the closet. Relax on the front porch, or settle into your favorite chair.
- Enjoy rest. Take a nap. Plan a lazy weekend.
- Enjoy God. Spend time in His Word. Go to Him in prayer. Consider all He’s done in your life.
- Enjoy today. I love this quote: “The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead,” Marjorie Pay Hinckley. Today is the day you’re living . . . enjoy it!
Now, what about you? How do you enjoy your life?